Re: [Xen-devel] AMD 890FX and IOMMU

Hmm i'm interested too,
Does booting xen on this system  show the enabling of a hardware iommu or not
(could be it is enabled by default and can't be disabled by bios, so although
there isn't a bios option it perhaps does work) ?

I allready have a motherboard with VT-D and a broken bios, i'm not too eager to
buy another mobo with a broken iommu *sigh*.
The problem is no motherboard manufacturer seems to advertise with it having a
iommu, so it seems to be some kind of a gamble and you can't fallback on the
advert that they should support it.
Would indeed be nice to have some sort of whitelist of 890fx mobo's with
properly functioning iommu's by experience of users.

And perhaps a chance for AMD to address it with mobo manufacturers.
--

Sander

--
Best regards,