Re: [Xen-devel] slow live magration / xc_restore on xen4 pvops

Brendan Cully writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] slow live magration / xc_restore on xen4
pvops"):
> On Thursday, 03 June 2010 at 18:15, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > No, that is not the case.  Look for example at "save" in
> > XendCheckpoint.py in xend, where the save code:
> >   1. Converts the domain config to sxp and writes it to the fd
> >   2. Calls xc_save (which calls xc_domain_save)
> >   3. Writes the qemu save file to the fd
>
> 4. (in XendDomain) closed the fd. Again, this is the _sender_. I fail
> to see your point.

In the receiver this corresponds to the qemu savefile being read from
the fd, after xc_domain_restore has returned.  So the fd remains
readable after xc_domain_restore and the save image data sent by
xc_domain_save and received by xc_domain_restore is self-delimiting.

In Xen 3.4 this is easily seen in XendCheckpoint.py, where the
corresponding receive logic is clearly visible.  In Xen 4.x this is
different because of the Remus patches.

Ian.