Re: [Xen-devel] upstream merge status for 2.6.35, .36?

On 06/05/2010 05:51 AM, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 05:20:06PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>
>> On 06/04/2010 03:39 PM, Josip Rodin wrote:
>>
>>> What about the future? I saw Konrad's applied his swiotlb tree with the
>>> right acks for inclusion into linux-next, so that looks like it's planned
>>> to be ready to go in when the .36 merge window opens, right?
>>>
>> Yes, and I'm hoping we can get pcifront and pvhvm lined up for .36; with
>> those in place, its a short jump to full dom0 functionality (which, no
>> promises, might also get into .36 on their tails).
>>
> Are those changes able to get into linux-next standalone like swiotlb,
> or do they go in via some other branch, or even directly?

linux-next isn't itself a path to upstream, but any change which has
been cooking in linux-next for a while is immediately more legitimate as
an upstream submission.

In general changes which affect other subsystems will go via those
subsystems maintainer trees, which in turn will likely end up in
linux-next (swiotlb being slightly exceptional in that its maintainer
doesn't have a git tree).  I'll submit any pure Xen changes directly.

> Also, pvhvm seems to have several versions, xen/pvhvm-sheng,
> xen/pvhvm-stefano, xen/pvhvm-stefano-rebase - which one of those
> is supposed to become the upstreamable one?

Stefano is working on it in his own branch.  I have not been tracking it
closely so far.