Re: [Xen-devel] New feature support - xl or xm ?

Also, was there a compelling reason to move away from the ‘xm’ interface. Obviously ‘xm’ is both an API and an implementation and I certainly see the reasons to move away from libxenguest/xend/xm implementation in favor of libxl. But was there a reason to opt for a new ‘xl’ API as opposed change the implementation behind the established ‘xm’ API.

Did the ‘xm’ interface (excluding the implementation) fall short of serving the needs ?

Thanks,

- Pradeep Vincent

On 6/8/10 3:49 PM, "Vincent, Pradeep" <pradeepv@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Stefano.

>>I think that migrating VMs from 'xm hosts' to 'xl hosts' would
> work even at the moment, if you use xl on both source and destination
> hosts

I am not sure what you meant here – Are you suggesting retrofit of Oxl’ to
hosts using older hypervisor.

Can migration functionality (including live migration) in Oxl’ be designed
for backward compatibility with Oxm’. I am sure this will go a long way in
helping existing users convert over to Oxl’.

- Pradeep Vincent