Re: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen pv_ops dom0 2.6.32.13 issues

Thanks I check into using tap:aio.  I had tried once before and could not get it to work.

Here is my entry from pv-grub:
# pv-grub: tap:aio: will not work for disk, use file:
disk = [ "file:/var/lib/xen/images/CLOUD-CC-1.img,xvda,w" ]

I had difficulty getting tap:aio to work with disk.  I can't remember if that problem was just with pv-grub or with dom0 in general. This was about 6 months ago.  I guess that is no longer a problem now?

Jun 9, 2010 07:37:46 PM, jeremy@xxxxxxxx wrote:
On 06/09/2010 04:27 PM, greno@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> blkbackd

Using phy: in your config file? That really isn't recommended because
it has poor integrity; the writes are buffered in dom0 so writes can be
reordered or lost on crash, and the guest filesystem can't maintain any
of its own integrity guarantees.

tap:aio: is more resilient, since the writes go directly to the device
without buffering.

That doesn't directly relate to your lockup issues, but it should
prevent filesystem corruption when they happen.