Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 crashes with pvops kernel

>>> On 15.06.10 at 00:10, Cris Daniluk <cris.daniluk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's my console output from FC12 with a 2.6.32.15-compiled kernel.
> Please let me know what additional debugging info is needed.

You cut off too much from the console output.

> ACPI: bus type pci registered
> PCI: MCFG configuration 0: base e0000000 segment 0 buses 0 - 27
> PCI: MCFG area at e0000000 reserved in E820
> PCI: Using MMCONFIG at e0000000 - e1bfffff
> PCI: Using configuration type 1 for base access
> bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
> ERROR: Unable to locate IOAPIC for GSI 9
> ACPI: Interpreter enabled
> ACPI: (supports S0 S4 S5)
> ACPI: Using IOAPIC for interrupt routing
> ACPI: No dock devices found.
> (XEN) mm.c:797:d0 Non-privileged (0) attempt to map I/O space 000fec80

Specifically, it is of great interest to understand what hardware lives
at this page. It may be that the earlier output (including Xen's) helps,
it may also be that you need to find out under a native kernel. I
would guess that it's a secondary IO-APIC that occupies this space.
If so, ACPI's DSDT and SSDT might also be needed to understand
where the access originates from (there's quite a number of BIOSes
where ACPI objects' methods access the IO-APIC space, which isn't
permitted to be accessed by any guest kernel, including Dom0).

> BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffc900001b0000

This, finally, would hint at missing error checking in the code
paths involved (i.e. a non-Xen specific issue that however doesn't
normally trigger in a native kernel). Fixing this may be the only
thing that helps, short of granting Dom0 access to the IO-APIC
memory space.

Jan