[Xen-devel] Help Debugging Xen Crash

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Kathy Hadley" <Kathy.Hadley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:13:48 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:15:05 -0700

Greetings,

  I am trying to debug a Xen crash and need some help.  When I am attempting to use the (relatively) new adjust_global scheduler callback function, the machine reboots (this may be due to other changes I have made in the hypervisor to modify DornerWorks’ ARINC 653 scheduler to work with CPU pools).  I have enabled xend/xenstored tracing, but the log files do not contain anything useful.  I have used gdb to trace to the point where the hypercall is made from Dom0 to the hypervisor, but do not know how to proceed from here.  I have read about using kdb to debug the hypervisor, but I am a bit confused.  It looks as though kdb (in http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/debuggers.hg) is integrated into a particular branch of Xen, which is not kept synchronized with the current version of xen-unstable.  Can I use kdb with any version of Xen?  If so, how?  What files do I need to download and what should I do to build them?  Or does someone have other suggestions?

  Thank you,

Kathy Hadley

DornerWorks, Ltd.