Re: [Xen-devel] S3 sleep in dom0 breaks dom0<->domU wallclock synchronization

On 01/07/2010 16:18, "Joanna Rutkowska" <joanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Actually we're running a pvops kernel in DomUs (in fact a fairly recent
> pvops0, as we had some bad experience with regular Fedora kernels in DomU).
>
> Running an NTP in every VM is not a good solution. Some VMs might be
> forbidden any access to the network (e.g. my "vault" VM, that I use for
> storing passwords, and other very sensitive stuff, doesn't have any
> networking), while some other might be allowed only very limited network
> traffic, e.g. only HTTPS to specific, white-listed servers (e.g.
> "banking" VM).

Well it would be good to confirm first that this is a pv_ops domU issue. If
so, it can probably be solved with a command-line option or somesuch, even
if the default policy will not change.

 -- Keir