[Xen-devel] Question on xenpm

Dear all,

after having upgraded my server from AMD 4050e to X4 640, I now use cpufreq=xen
and had
to adapt a munin script (monitoring tool) to display the residency in the
different P-states.
This script uses /sys/device/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq to read out the
information, whereas
I now use xenpm get-cpufreq-state.

Before I noticed that the CPU is in highest possible P-state (lowest
frequences) nearly all
of the time, and a minimal percentage in the lowest. Now I can see a 50/50
distribution.
Interesting enough, the xenpm get-cpuidle-state will show that the CPUs are at
aprox. 90%
in C1 idle state.

Can there be a difference in how the two methods to collect the info are
working? I mean
something like xenpm will not count residency when in C1, but cpufreq driver
will normaly
do?

BR,
Carsten.