Re: [Xen-devel] S3 sleep in dom0 breaks dom0<->domU wallclock synchronization

On 07/06/10 16:09, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
> On 07/06/10 14:50, Keir Fraser wrote:

>>> But wouldn't this require dumping all the VMs memory do disk? Can we use
>>> xm pause instead, i.e. will it notify VMs properly?
>>
>> It just requires the guests to be put through a guest-side suspend/resume
>> cycle. The usual tools-side work of saving to disk etc could be elided. Yes,
>> it probably makes sense to extend that existing mechanism to include S3 as
>> well. Just needs someone to do the work. :-)
>>

> Perhaps it will also solve the resume problem on Core i5/HT systems...

For now, I have added another pm-utils hook that does something like
this on every system resume:

DATE=$(date)
qvm-run --all -u root "date -s \"$DATE\""

The qvm-run command is Qubes-specific, but I can imagine one could add a
similar functionality to xm.

I've been using this for a few days now, and it seems to work very well.

joanna.