RE: [Xen-devel] Help booting Xen under RHEL6 beta2

Hi Michael --

Thanks for the help!

> Also I suggest you check whether the hypervisor and xen software are
> the same version. If they aren't then xend may not be able to the
> hypervisor.

They are definitely the same version as I cloned only xen-4.0-testing
and built/installed both on the test machine itself.

> Are you limiting the memory for dom0? If so I suggest you allow it
> more, or don't limit it at all and see if it boots any more
> successfully.

Yes, I think you are right.  I have always booted dom0 with 256M
on this box, but I guess more recent gnome tools are much more
bloated so that accounts for the swapping and slowness.

> It is
> also probably worth booting direct to run level 3 (add 3 to the boot
> line) to so you can eliminate whether or not graphics is an issue.

Yes, I did that.  This skips the graphics looping but xend
still fails to start (and I can no longer VNC to the box...
fortunately it is a laptop at least).

Thanks,
Dan