Re: [Xen-devel] no udev events in netback domU driver domain 2.6.32.14

> it to return status information to dom0:
> /local/domain/X/backend/vif/Y/Z/hotplug-status
> The xenstore is completely inaccessible from my driver domain
> however. I've installed the xenstored daemon in the driver domain
> which requires running it with the --no-domain-init option to keep
> it from trying to execute privileged operations (it's not dom0).

You should be able to read it? At least for your domain entry?

> Even with the xenstored daemon running though I (and the networking
> scripts) still can't access then xenstore.

Well, you can't access all of it b/c there is an ownership of the
/local/domain/0 being under Dom0. Not under DomU. AFAICT the backends
use those entries (for example, netback detects via watches that
somebody wrote in /local/domain/0/backend/vif and calls its .probe
function), they will interogate the XenStore and then create udev events
which are fired off to userspace.