[Xen-users] Message Transfer between Domains

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Priya <pbhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:48:32 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 06:50:04 -0700

Hey guys!

I need some help with implementing message passing between Xen domains. I basically need need to pass information quickly between the control domain and the PVMs running a Linux. I have read in the past that this can be achieved by setting a parameter in the .cfg configuration file while creating your PVM, and then information can be exchanged between domains by writing/reading in the /proc directory. But I am hazy about the details.

Can someone please provide some specific details for going about this. Also, can we also do this for HVMs (hardware-assisted VMs) running a Linux guest OS. If so, how?

Thanks

--
Priya Bhat