[Xen-devel] xl list vs xm list: backwards compatibility vs forward progress?

I was pleased to find out that "xl list" shows the
current amount of physical memory in use by a domain
rather than the start amount.  This is very useful
for monitoring self-ballooning!  I like it!

But... it is not backwards compatible with "xm list".
Does this matter?  Probably not, but I've heard there
are tools that screen-scrape output from the core
xen tools... and I wonder if the other xend interface
(xapi?) gets one rather the other (or maybe both).

Just thought it should be noted, especially if
(IIRC) there are plans to symlink /usr/bin/xm
to /usr/bin/xl.

Dan