RE: [Xen-devel] granting access to MSI-X table and pending bit array

>>> "Jiang, Yunhong"  07/15/10 10:24 AM >>>
>Will the small window for qemu exists still? QEMU may setup the mapping before
>the msix_capability_init().

Yes, I think so, as Dom0 still is permitted to map this area writable (revoking
this requires a qemu fix to be committed at the same time, or a prerequisite
fix to make qemu map this area read-only, which I think doesn't fit well within
the MMIO model used there).

>BTW, I'm not sure if mapping as RO this will solve the sharing issue (i.e. the
>PBA or table entry share with other resource).

Not if the device meets the standard's requirement of these two tables being
allowed to share a page between them, but not with any other resource.

Jan