Re: [Xen-devel] How does domain0 export information to guest through xenstore

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM, 胡少龙 <sunofblack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am tring to write xenstore some information ,so that a guest can read,
> if i simply xenstore-write /foo "123" in domain 0, guest have not the
> permission to read this ,and guest domain number are dynamic, so i can not
> write a program to write /local/domain/X, which X is the domain id i want to
> export information to, can i ?
>     So, is there a path (a static path,without domain number)that i write to
> in domain 0, and guests have the permission to read ?

You could make use of virsh to convert domU name to id. Something like this:

On dom0:
# virsh domid domUname
41
# DOMU_ID=`virsh domid domUname`
# xenstore-write /local/domain/${DOMU_ID}/my-data "test-data"
# xenstore-read /local/domain/${DOMU_ID}/my-data
test-data

on domU:
# xenstore-read my-data
test-data