[Xen-devel] [xen-users] does libvirt support VHD disk tpye?

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <ben_ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:00:35 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 23:01:36 -0700

Hi,everyone

I am trying to use VHD disk format on guestVM.

My environment is  fedora12+ xen-4.0.1-rc6 + xen-stable/2.6.32.15+libvirt-0.8.3

I success on booting VM in VHD disk correctly using “xm create VM.cfg” and everything runs alright

Where disk = [ "tap2:vhd:/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12,hda,w"]   in VM.cfg

And “vhd-f12” is a VHD type image file created by  vhd-util.

However, when I trying to use virsh dumpxml  to dump guestVM’s xml file, there’s no any disk information in the xml.

On the other hand, I also tried to add the following part into xml manually and then use “virsh create VM.xml“ to create guestVM

<disk type='file' device='disk'>

      <driver name='tap' type='vhd'/>

      <source file='/root/tapdisk/vhd-f12'/>

      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>

</disk>

but guestVM can be started without error but guestVM cannot get disk device correctly.

If I replace driver name='tap’ to ‘tap2’, libvirt raise error:

(xend.err 'Error creating domain: Block device type "tap2" is invalid.')

Is anyone has idea how can I enable vhd format using libvirt?

Thank very much!

Ben

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.