Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IRQs, move_in_progress, -EBUSY &c

On 11/08/2010 18:49, "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seems to work about 50/50.
>
> Attached is a log of a successful boot (exile.008.log), and a failed
> boot (exile.009.log).  Suspicious things about the failed case:  the
> usb code starts to initialize before the SATA code finishes
> initializing, and complains that "Controller is probably using the
> wrong IRQ".

Cc'ing Xiantao Zhang, who submitted the per-CPU IDT patches. Perhaps he has
some ideas how to fix this. The only other simple thing I can think to try
is to modify my patch so that it loops in the hypervisor. Something like:
 do{ ret = mp_register_gsi(...}; } while (ret == -EBUSY);
Since the condition being EBUSYed on is cleared in hardirq context, that
should be safe.

Apart from that, it is possible that greater surgery is neede don the
per-CPU IDT and IRQ migration logic, and I think we need Xiantao's help for
that.

 -- Keir