Re: [Xen-devel] failed to start centos 5 domU with maxmem=30000

Ð ÐÑÐ, 12/08/2010 Ð 11:34 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> On 08/12/2010 05:24 AM, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
> > Ð ÐÑÐ, 12/08/2010 Ð 05:17 -0700, Dan Magenheimer ÐÐÑÐÑ:

Ok. Thank You. Bu can some one provide correct ratio for memory and
maxmemory that others not to make mistakes and not try to post bugs on
that? =)

> >> I am curious as to why you would specify memory= so
> >> much smaller than maxmem=.  Are you trying to overcommit
> >> memory for guests that are often idle but sometimes use
> >> a very large amount of memory?
> > We want to provide ability to use small as possible memory if the guest
> > is idle. And much as possible when the guest under heavy load.
>
> This is exactly the use-case for the hotplug memory stuff Daniel is
> working on - which I guess is why you've been testing it.

This is problem, because a'm using centos, debian, ubuntu, opensuse and
other systems in domU, but i read that tmem support needed in dom0 and
domU. Debian and Ubuntu i think, does not support this... But i'm try.

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov@xxxxxxxxx>
Selfip.Ru