[Xen-devel] Re: xm list problem with python 2.7

M A Young writes ("[Xen-devel] Re: xm list problem with python 2.7"):
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, M A Young wrote:
> > If I try xm list (with xen-4.0.0) I get the following traceback
> >
> > Unexpected error: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
> > AttributeError: HTTPUnix instance has no attribute 'getresponse'
>
> I eventually tracked this down to xmlrpc changes in python 2.7 .

Thanks for looking into this.  How irritating.

>   The patch below fixes the xm problem, and a xend problem serving
> xmlrpc. Note that the first part won't work as written with earlier
> versions of python, though the second part is probably safe as
> disable_nagle_algorithm was introduced in python 2.7.

Hrm.  Would you care to suggest a patch that should work for earlier
versions of python too ?  We can't really do something that breaks
everything before 2.7.  (I would say that we probably still support
back to 2.4 at least.)

Ian.