Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Latest xen-unstable and issues building/using it

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Kamala Narasimhan wrote:
> > 4) Lastly, xend/xm works right away when I try to create a domain but
> > xl fails when built and used as is because of qemu-dm startup failure.
> > ??I will look into this but wanted to let the libxl developers know
> > that it doesn't work when it is built and used as is.
> >

> This one turned out to be rather simple - qemu did not understand
> '--disable-opengl' param which get passed when opengl is set to 1
> (which is the default in the sample config file I was basing off of).
> May be we might want to consider commenting out code (temporarily)
> around line 1100 in file libxl/libxl.c till the equivalent qemu that
> get fetched with xen-unstable understands that option?

The option only works if qemu has been compiled with opengl support.
However it is clear that we are passing -disable-opengl when the user
asks for opengl support instead of the other way around.
I'll send a patch to fix the issue.