Re: [Xen-devel] Xen device model support in QEMU

  • To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kamala Narasimhan <kamala.narasimhan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:31:09 -0400
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:31:48 -0700

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Kamala Narasimhan wrote:
>> 3) When I attempt to build after this point I get all kinds of errors
>> due to interface compatibility mentioned in #1 above.  Is there a
>> specific version of libxc/libxenstore/libxenctrl etc. and relevant
>> headers I should be using with this qemu?  If so, that would be good
>> to know as I would rather switch to a compatible interface than go
>> about fixing all the resulting build errors.
>>

> Anthony is mainly working with xen-unstable so I expect that building
> the new qemu against xen-unstable headers and libraries is the safest
> option.
> If you are having build issues please let us know (keep in mind that
> Anthony is on vacation this week so it might take some times to get
> all the answers you need).

Yes, I do encounter build issues while using headers from
staging/xen-unstable.  Most of them are in xen_disk.c, xen_backend.c
while calling methods like xc_interface_* or xc_gnttab_* etc.  They
are all trivial to fix locally though there are more than a few places
to fix.  I will make local changes to keep going and Anthony can
confirm and fix the issues when he is back.  I am not attaching the
build errors here as they are readily reproducible when using
staging/xen-unstable headers.

Kamala