RE: [Xen-devel] Linux mainstream balloon driver fails to grow memory= -> maxmem=

> So if Daniel's stuff works along with tmem, I'm not too bothered about
> fixing this known difference between 2.6.18-xen and mainstream.
> And IIRC the maxmem= parameter is required for PoD to work for Windows
> also.  IOW, this should probably be documented (any ideas where?)
> but the "old way" may best be left to obsolesce with 2.6.18-xen.

Hmmm... I spoke too soon.  We apparently have a number of customers
that use maxmem and would be upset if the functionality goes away.

> > There's a couple of experiments floating around in the tree to try to
> > honour maxmem, but they're somewhat rotted.  Its probably worth
> > trying to resurrect them though.

If you can send more information about the "experiments",
I may be able to take a look fairly soon (unless Daniel Kiper
is already looking into it).  Since the support is currently
missing from RHEL6 beta, future customers using RHEL6 as a
Xen PV guest may get very confused by what might appear to
them as a tools or Xen bug.

Thanks,
Dan