Re: [Xen-devel] RE: xl fails to work with some command

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Weidong Han wrote:

> >> <hint>I am all up for receiving the patches from XCP/XCI for this</hint>
> >>

> > I think that using the standard linux reset mechanism is a better way to
> > handle this as oppose to have our own do_flr method.
> >
> Pls note that there are some specific FLR functions for graphics
> pass-through. They should be ported to xl.

As stated above, xl doesn't know how to FLR a device, the dom0 kernel
provides a way to do it.
XCP kernels have pciback do_flr that has all the HW specific FLR
functions you are referring to AFAIK, but the pvops kernel, that uses
the standard reset node, does not.