Re: [Xen-devel] L1 entry error

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ruslan Nikolaev <nruslan_devel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:47:51 -0700

Sorry for the delay. Here is my config file. Computer has 12Gb of RAM, and I am
using 64-bit version:

#  -*- mode: python; -*-
#============================================================================
# Python configuration setup for 'xm create'.
# This script sets the parameters used when a domain is created using 'xm
create'.
# You use a separate script for each domain you want to create, or
# you can set the parameters for the domain on the xm command line.
#============================================================================

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32.18"

# Optional ramdisk.
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.32.18.img"

# The domain build function. Default is 'linux'.
#builder='linux'

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
#
# WARNING: Creating a domain with insufficient memory may cause out of
#          memory errors. The domain needs enough memory to boot kernel
#          and modules. Allocating less than 32MBs is not recommended.
memory = 4096

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "XenDomainU"

# 128-bit UUID for the domain.  The default behavior is to generate a new UUID
# on each call to 'xm create'.
#uuid = "06ed00fe-1162-4fc4-b5d8-11993ee4a8b9"

# List of which CPUS this domain is allowed to use, default Xen picks
#cpus = ""         # leave to Xen to pick
#cpus = "0"        # all vcpus run on CPU0
#cpus = "0-3,5,^1" # all vcpus run on cpus 0,2,3,5
#cpus = ["2", "3"] # VCPU0 runs on CPU2, VCPU1 runs on CPU3

# Number of Virtual CPUS to use, default is 1
vcpus = 1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define network interfaces.

# By default, no network interfaces are configured.  You may have one created
# with sensible defaults using an empty vif clause:
#
# vif = [ '' ]
#
# or optionally override backend, bridge, ip, mac, script, type, or vifname:
#
# vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:11, bridge=xenbr0' ]
#
# or more than one interface may be configured:
#
# vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr1' ]

vif = [ 'ip=192.168.0.1' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the disk devices you want the domain to have access to, and
# what you want them accessible as.
# Each disk entry is of the form phy:UNAME,DEV,MODE
# where UNAME is the device, DEV is the device name the domain will see,
# and MODE is r for read-only, w for read-write.

disk = [ 'phy:sda8,xvda8,w' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define frame buffer device.
#
# By default, no frame buffer device is configured.
#
# To create one using the SDL backend and sensible defaults:
#
# vfb = [ 'sdl=1' ]
#
# This uses environment variables XAUTHORITY and DISPLAY.  You
# can override that:
#
# vfb = [ 'sdl=1,xauthority=/home/bozo/.Xauthority,display=:1' ]
#
# To create one using the VNC backend and sensible defaults:
#
# vfb = [ 'vnc=1' ]
#
# The backend listens on 127.0.0.1 port 5900+N by default, where N is
# the domain ID.  You can override both address and N:
#
# vfb = [ 'vnc=1,vnclisten=127.0.0.1,vncdisplay=1' ]
#
# Or you can bind the first unused port above 5900:
#
# vfb = [ 'vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncunused=1' ]
#
# You can override the password:
#
# vfb = [ 'vnc=1,vncpasswd=MYPASSWD' ]
#
# Empty password disables authentication.  Defaults to the vncpasswd
# configured in xend-config.sxp.

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define to which TPM instance the user domain should communicate.
# The vtpm entry is of the form 'instance=INSTANCE,backend=DOM'
# where INSTANCE indicates the instance number of the TPM the VM
# should be talking to and DOM provides the domain where the backend
# is located.
# Note that no two virtual machines should try to connect to the same
# TPM instance. The handling of all TPM instances does require
# some management effort in so far that VM configration files (and thus
# a VM) should be associated with a TPM instance throughout the lifetime
# of the VM / VM configuration file. The instance number must be
# greater or equal to 1.
#vtpm = [ 'instance=1,backend=0' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Set the kernel command line for the new domain.
# You only need to define the IP parameters and hostname if the domain's
# IP config doesn't, e.g. in ifcfg-eth0 or via DHCP.
# You can use 'extra' to set the runlevel and custom environment
# variables used by custom rc scripts (e.g. VMID=, usr= ).

# Set if you want dhcp to allocate the IP address.
#dhcp="dhcp"
# Set netmask.
#netmask=
# Set default gateway.
gateway="192.168.0.128"
# Set the hostname.
#hostname= "vm%d" % vmid

# Set root device.
root = "/dev/xvda8 ro"

# Root device for nfs.
#root = "/dev/nfs"
# The nfs server.
#nfs_server = '192.0.2.1'
# Root directory on the nfs server.
#nfs_root   = '/full/path/to/root/directory'

# Sets runlevel 4.
#extra = "xencons=tty"
extra = 'console=hvc0 xencons=tty'

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Configure the behaviour when a domain exits.  There are three 'reasons'
# for a domain to stop: poweroff, reboot, and crash.  For each of these you
# may specify:
#
#   "destroy",        meaning that the domain is cleaned up as normal;
#   "restart",        meaning that a new domain is started in place of the old
#                     one;
#   "preserve",       meaning that no clean-up is done until the domain is
#                     manually destroyed (using xm destroy, for example); or
#   "rename-restart", meaning that the old domain is not cleaned up, but is
#                     renamed and a new domain started in its place.
#
# In the event a domain stops due to a crash, you have the additional options:
#
#   "coredump-destroy", meaning dump the crashed domain's core and then destroy;
#   "coredump-restart', meaning dump the crashed domain's core and the restart.
#
# The default is
#
#   on_poweroff = 'destroy'
#   on_reboot   = 'restart'
#   on_crash    = 'restart'
#
# For backwards compatibility we also support the deprecated option restart
#
# restart = 'onreboot' means on_poweroff = 'destroy'
#                            on_reboot   = 'restart'
#                            on_crash    = 'destroy'
#
# restart = 'always'   means on_poweroff = 'restart'
#                            on_reboot   = 'restart'
#                            on_crash    = 'restart'
#
# restart = 'never'    means on_poweroff = 'destroy'
#                            on_reboot   = 'destroy'
#                            on_crash    = 'destroy'

#on_poweroff = 'destroy'
#on_reboot   = 'restart'
#on_crash    = 'restart'

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#   Configure PVSCSI devices:
#
#vscsi=[ 'PDEV, VDEV' ]
#
#   PDEV   gives physical SCSI device to be attached to specified guest
#          domain by one of the following identifier format.
#          - XX:XX:XX:XX (4-tuples with decimal notation which shows
#                          "host:channel:target:lun")
#          - /dev/sdxx or sdx
#          - /dev/stxx or stx
#          - /dev/sgxx or sgx
#          - result of 'scsi_id -gu -s'.
#            ex. # scsi_id -gu -s /block/sdb
#                  36000b5d0006a0000006a0257004c0000
#
#   VDEV   gives virtual SCSI device by 4-tuples (XX:XX:XX:XX) as
#          which the specified guest domain recognize.
#

#vscsi = [ '/dev/sdx, 0:0:0:0' ]