Re: [Xen-devel] [GIT PULL] Fix lost interrupt race in Xen event channels

On 30/08/2010 10:06, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, do you also think that pirq_unmask_and_notify() is safe
> to be called twice? I would think the double EOI potentially sent to
> Xen could lead to an interrupt getting ack-ed that didn't even get
> started to be serviced yet.

Erm, well if this is a race that happens only occasionally, does it matter?
Worst case you get another interrupt straight away. Only a problem if it
happens often enough to cause a performance issue or even livelock interrupt
storm.

The obvious fix would be for the kernel to privately keep track of which
event channels or pirqs are masked and/or disabled (e.g., with two bitflags
per port). Then have the evtchn_mask flag be the OR of the two. If this is
actually a real problem at all. I doubt move_native_irq() should be doing
work very often when it is called.

 -- Keir