Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] [Xen-devel] xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64: Lenovo R61, kernel boots on baremetel, no boot with xen4 hypervisorâ

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:07:43AM -0400, Mike Viau wrote:

> That's fantastic because it all just works!

Nice.

> Attached is my xm dmesg, dmesg, and xm info output.
>
> I replaced the packages that were already installed with Ian Campbell
> (2.6.32-21+xen0), and the system just booted as expected with the additional
> Xen functionality.

.. snip..
> So that being said, what are the chances for inclusion of this added KMS
> stuff in the official Debian xen kernel packages?

Bastian raised an important part some of patches are hacks. And sure enough
they are :-)

I would love any ideas on how to turn them in upstream material?