Re: [Xen-devel] igb pciback and e1000e pciback not work.

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 12:58:48PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
>    Thank you for your advise.
>    I update the kernel and xen to the newest version. Now both Dom0 and
>    DomU's kernels are 2.6.32.21-xen

Ok.

>    still the e1000e driver in DomU complains about the "Detected Tx Unit
>    Hang", but there is no kernel oops.Ã
>    It seems the new kernel has fixed a bug about pciback.
>    Maybe I should change theà /etc/xen/xend-pci-permissive.sxp and
>    /etc/xen/xend-pci-quirks.sxp file ,because I found this in Dom0 dmesg:
>    [ Ã 385.007473] pciback 0000:09:00.1: Driver tried to write to a read-only
>    configuration space field at offset 0xe8, size 2. This may be harmless,
>    but if you have problems with your device:
>    [ Ã 385.007475] 1) see permissive attribute in sysfs
>    [ Ã 385.007475] 2) report problems to the xen-devel mailing list along
>    with details of your device obtained from lspci.
>    note: 09:00.0 is the pci interface I move to DomU .
>    But I don't know how to change this.
>    I remove the e1000e driver in Dom0 , still it can't fix the problem.

You shouldn't use the device (at all) in dom0 when you're
passing it thru to domU!

Some questions:

- Is that a multiport nic?
- Are you using another nic port in dom0?
- Do you have the "iommu=soft swiotlb=force" options for the domU kernel?
- How much memory does your domU have?

-- Pasi