[Xen-devel] Checkpointing for HVM guest with PV driver

Hi, Brendan, I noticed following code in checkpoint_open() in
tools/python/xen/lowlevel/checkpoint/libcheckpoint.c:

    } else if (s->domtype == dt_pvhvm) {
       checkpoint_close(s);
       s->errstr = "PV-on-HVM is unsupported";

       return -1;
    }

This check means for HVM guest with PV driver, the checkpoint/remus will not
work. Are there any special reason for this checking?

Originally I thought PV driver on HVM guest can't live migrate, but I did a
quick experimental to live migration a HVM guest with PV driver installed, (I
only tried to migrate to localhost since I have only one system on hand) and
seems it works well, so what's the reason for this restriction?

Thanks
--jyh