Re: [Xen-devel] Re: new netfront and occasional receive path lockup

 On 09/14/2010 01:25 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 20:36 +0100, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>>>>
>>> I think we should default xen/stable-2.6.32.x to use_smartpoll=0 for the
>>> time being
>>> until this is sorted out..
>> Agreed.
> Should we also consider adding a netback option to disable it for the
> system as a whole as well? Or are the issues strictly in-guest only?
>
> Perhaps netback should support a xenstore key to allow a toolstack to
> configure this property per guest?

It depends on what the problem is.  If there's a basic problem with the
smartpoll front<->back communication protocol then we'll probably have
to revert the whole thing and start over.  If the bug is just something
in the frontend then we can disable it there until resolved.

Fortunately I haven't pushed netfront smartpoll support upstream yet, so
the userbase is still fairly limited.  I hope.