[Xen-devel] Re: pci passthrough xhci host controller

Hi Konrad,

I indeed have the feeling the memleak's aren't huge, and adding the diverse
kernel hacking debug options, ended op doing more wrong than right.
I have turned off the options i added, re-instated the "swiotlb=force" in the
domU config to see if it goes from a working to a freezing config, but i have
the feeling it will not make a difference.

Then i have 4 differences left:

- Other dom0 kernel since the tests resulting in continous freezes of my server
- Other domU kernel since the tests resulting in continous freezes of my server
- Other workload (server is running more VM's)
- Other physical hardware
        - server is AMD phenom X6, current config Intel quad core
        - Both have there iommu disabled
        - Both are 64 capable cpu's with 64 xen, dom0 and domU

        - But most notably perhaps, the intel has only 2GB RAM, the server 8GB

Could the available physical RAM be an issue here ?
I limit the ram for dom0 with dom0_mem=

After this test succeeds on the intel machine, i will retry the samen xen,dom0
kernel and domU kernel on the AMD config.
Is there anything i can especially log/configure/debug to get more detail to
see if the 8GB could be the problem ?

--

Sander

--