Re: [Xen-devel] Where can I get a balloon driver to test PoD

  • To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:27:12 +0100
  • Cc: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:27:59 -0700

Yunhong: FYI, as of yesterday booting PoD with this kernel doesn't
work correctly, due to some math error.  The balloon driver will
balloon down, but is about 8 megs off.  So eventually the guest OS
will try to populate those pages, and the guest will crash.  I suspect
it probably has to do with libxl not accounting for the video ram
properly, but I haven't had a chance to look into it.

 -George