Re: [Xen-devel] Does Xen scheduler preserves 5% of its utilization to every VM?

  • To: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: walmart <vmwalmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:09:12 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 05:30:07 -0700

Hi, George:

Thanks for your reply! I am using PV domains. Even if I am using the
default credit based scheduler, the same situation happens.

Please allow me to restate my situation:
Fedora 13, 64bit, compiled Xen 4.0.2 from source code. On a 4 core
machine, domain 0 is pinned to core 1.

I configured domain 1 to have 1 vcpu, and pinned it to core 1.

I am running a busy loop in domain 1.

The xm top in domain 0 shows domain 1 only get exactly 95% of the CPU.

I traced the data for 10 secs. (when only domain 1 was running,
occupying 95% of the cpu). using:
 xentrace -D -e 0x2f000 -S 256 -T 10 trace_credit_sched

I then traced the data for another 10 secs, with domain 1 and 2 both
running busy, occupying 50% of the cpu. using:
 xentrace -D -e 0x2f000 -S 256 -T 10 trace_credit_sched_both

But I don't know how to use xenalyze... Could you help me w/ the trace?

Thanks very much!

Best!

Sam