Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough and shared interrupts

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ritu kaur <ritu.kaur.us@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:36:03 -0700
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:36:58 -0700

Hi Konrad,

Frankly, I am confused. XCP(which is similar to Citrix Xenserver but open-source and newer-kernel) requires DDK to build a kernel image. If I understand your suggestion correctly I should be able to

1. Take PVOPS kernel code, compile it in XCP DDK and load it into dom0
2. Take PVOPS kernel code, compile it in domU OS and load it into domU

then, I should be able to get pci-passthrough + shared interrupts between devices working correctly?  Please clarify/confirm

Thanks

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 07:14:11PM -0700, Ritu kaur wrote:
> Konrad/All,
>
> I have been asked to look into the option of using pvops kernel(which do not
> have pci-passthrough + shared interrupts issue) and needed some inputs

I think you are confused. The PVOPS kernel does have all these patches..

> 1. Does pvops run on Fedora Core or any specific distributions I need to
> use?
> 2. Does it have some form of gui interface to control/manage domU's

PVOPS is the *kernel*. Nothing else. You should be able to take, say XCP,
and replace the kernel with the PVOPS kernel if you want too.