RE: [Xen-devel] RE: How to generate a HW NMI

This is a long shot, but since my thoughts jumped to it after
reading this, I thought I'd post anyway.

Some systems support a special "C1E" power state
that can be enabled/disabled in the BIOS.  My Dell Core2Duo
laptop has this feature.  I remember running into
some weirdness that went away when I turned it off.
Perhaps the power management code is somehow entering
the BIOS to see if this is enabled and max_cstate isn't
controlling it since the check is done in the BIOS
bypassing Xen?

Google for C1E to find lots of information about
this weird power state.