[Xen-devel] Re: Xen 4.1 interrupts not delievered.

  • To: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:52:22 +0100
  • Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ray.Lin@xxxxxxx, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:53:24 -0700

On 13/10/2010 08:00, "Sander Eikelenboom" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Keir,
>
> OK let's rephrase, in what cases is it logical that the xen serial console
> freezes together with dom0 ?
> For example some deadlock causes cpu0 to stall on a heavily loaded system ..
> I think having the serial console available to dump the machines state is
> quite vital :-(

Oh, there was a fix for serial interrupt routing: xen-unstable:22148 or
xen-4.0-testing:21342. Are you running a more recent hypervisor than that?
The fix prevents serial interrupt from being migrated away from pcpu0, which
will not work as there is no vector allocated for it on other pcpus. This
kind of fits with the bug you're seeing, which doesn't manifest if you leave
pcpu0 unloaded (and hence presumably serial interrupt binding prefers to
stay with unloaded pcpu0).

 -- Keir