Re: [Xen-devel] XCP: dom0 scalability

At 16:46 +0100 on 13 Oct (1286988381), Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> Hmmm... if dom0 is getting scheduled enough and the VMs are still
> blocking on xenstore (i.e. the Linux scheduler in dom0 is the problem),
> getting xenstore off of dom0 makes sense.  But if the reason xenstore
> is not getting back to them is because dom0 is simply not getting
> enough cpu time (i.e. the Xen scheduler is the problem), moving xenstore
> out of there may not only NOT help, but may make things worse.  True?

The reason that dom0's not getting enough time in this case is that it's
running with only 1 vcpu and trying to do more than 1 vcpu worth of
work.  I'd expect things to get very slightly better if some of that
work can happen on another vpcu (in another dom).

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, XenServer Engineering