[Xen-devel] Re: PCI devices remap from dom0 to domU with pv-ops kernel

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:49:12AM -0600, Lin, Ray wrote:

> Konrad,
>
>     We try to remap the pci devices from dom0 to domU by assigning the pci in
> the domU configuration file. Such as
>
>     pci="['01:00.0@11', '01:00.1@10', '04:00.0@13', '04:00.1@12']"
>
> In hvm kernel, the domU would see the pci devices remapped like this,
>
>     dom0 pci device 01:00.0   => domU pci device 00:11.0
>     dom0 pci device 01:00.1  =>  domU pci device 00:10.0
>     dom0 pci device 04:00.0  =>  domU pci device 00:13.0
>     dom0 pci device 04:00.1  =>  domU pci device 00:12.0
>
>  But pv-ops kernel seems ignore the remapping. Is there any way (kernel
> configuration setting ??) to make it work ?

Not completly.

When you compile your Xen PCI backend, you should see an option
whether you want Virtual PCI, Passthrough or some other type. By default
it will pick the Virtual one so that it just enumerates from
zero the PCI devices. You could write your own plugin that would
do remaping per your desire.