Re: [Xen-devel] stubdom questions

Jan Beulich writes ("[Xen-devel] stubdom questions"):
> Is it intentional that
> - large parts of stubdom build with -j1 only irrespective of the original
>    make invocation?

I think we had some makefile concurrency bugs and this is the workaround.

> - all imported packages are out of date?

Yes, this is intentional.  We don't want to update these unless
necessary, really.

> - pciutils is being built without 64-bit support (visible via warnings issued
>   from the qemu build)?

Does this have any other adverse consequence ?

> - the build produces dozens of compiler warnings quite a few of which
>   don't look benign at all?

No, that not intentional.

> - can't be built with a read-only and/or symlinked source tree?

No, that not intentional.

> Also, what's the point of the install-stubdom dependency on
> install-tools? Shouldn't the individual components' builds be
> independent of one another?

I don't know.  The stubdom build system is a bit of a mess,
unfortunately.

Ian.