[Xen-devel] Re: pvops kernel branches - 2.6.36 options, stable/next/etc?

On 11/10/2010 10:17 AM, Bruce Edge wrote:
> I've tried the mainline 2.6.37-rc1 branch and it's highly unstable as
> a pvops domU with PCI passthough.
> It's not a patch on konrad's stable/xen-pcifront-0.8.2 branch which
> was looking very good around the 10/21 timeframe, but which has also
> developed it's own set of instabilities recently.
> I haven't reported any of the symptoms as I thought I'd let the dist
> settle before starting the bug reporting.

Ah, no, please report bugs, the earlier the better.  We need to get
bugfixes into mainline ASAP to make sure that .37 is a useful release,
at least within its expected range of functionality.  (Linus is
generally unhappy about non-regression bugfixes beyond about -rc3 -
bugfixes for a new feature indicate that the feature wasn't ready for
upstream and should simply be disabled or reverted for that release.)