Re: [Xen-users] [HOWTO] Running Xen 4.0 host (dom0) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:30:11PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 03:00 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> If you're interested in running Xen 4.0 hypervisor/dom0 on RHEL6,
>> take a look at here: http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial
>>
>> It explains steps needed to rebuild Xen 4.0.1 src.rpm from Fedora on RHEL6,
>> and how to fetch dom0 capable 2.6.32.x kernel from upstream git repository.
>>
>> It also shows how to get libvirt/virt-manager working with Xen on RHEL6.
>>
>> Hopefully it helps :)
>>
>> -- Pasi
>
> Hi Pasi,
>
>   I ran into a problem at the libvirt stage. After applying your patch
> and while building the spec I got the error below. Might you have some
> advice?

It seems you didn't read well enough ;)

"Before rebuilding libvirt you need to boot into non-Xen environment! This is
because some of the automated RHEL6 libvirt Xen-specific tests seem to fail in
Xen dom0 environment, but work OK in baremetal."

-- Pasi