[Xen-devel] HVM DomU, msi_translate=0, MSI/MSI-X PCI passthrough fails.

> In my new test setup, I have seen some strange behaviour. 1 of the HVM's
> (with identical config in dom0 and domU) suddenly would not allow the
> igb driver to be loaded in domU, even though the device was visible in

Let's create a new thread for this other issue.

> lspci. Shutting the machine down, removing the power cord, waiting 5
> seconds then plugging it in again corrected that issue - Is this
> possibly a motherboard bug? I have also disabled the SR-IOV
> functionality in the BIOS incase this is causing any issues.
>
> In addition, to try to correct the MSI issue noted above, I have changed
> my pci= line to the following:
>
> pci=[ '08:00.0,msitranslate=0', '08:00.1,msitranslate=0' ]

With the msi_translate=1 turned on the DomU HVM guests did work, right?

> This has stopped the "already in use on device" log, and the devices
> appear to show correctly in the domU. Is it safe to disable
> msitranslate? as I understand it, its for allowing multifunction devices
> to be seen as such in domU. Is that correct?
>
> I haven't been able to reproduce the dropped raid issue yet, but I am
> awaiting delivery of the Red-Fone boxes (ISDN VoIP) which seem to cause
> this due to their very high interrupt usage (2000 per second).

OK.

> In the mean time, I can see the following in the qemu-dm logs now with
> the msitranslate=0 enabled. Is it anything to worry about?

Well, the  "Error" ones are pretty bad, thought I am having a hard time
understanding what it means. Lets copy some of the QEMU folks on this.