Re: [Xen-devel] RE: kernel panic when enable x2apic

Keir Fraser wrote:
On 30/11/2010 09:23, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The obvious solution is to remove
boot_cpu_data.x86_capability[4] = cpuid_ecx(1) in start_vmx. It indeed
works with the change. I will send out the patch after more tests.
Yes, the write to x86_capability is totally unnecessary. There is a similar
pointless one in SVM code -- in fact they don't even manage to write to the
correct array element of x86_capability[]!

Removing both writes to x86_capability[] would be an appropriate fix for 4.0
branch as well.

I applied a fix to xen-unstable and xen-4.0-testing. Eyeballing plus a quick
test convinces me it is absolutely fine. I credited you in the changeset
comment, I hope that's okay.

Great!

Regards,
Weidong