[Xen-devel] Re: PV-on-HVM live migration problem

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I'm working on a 2.6.32 kernel with pv-on-hvm from Stabellini's tree
> ...performance are great but I've some problems on the live migration.
>
> After a live migration the VM "freeze".
>
> I've attached the logs of the source and of the destination machines.

Sorry for taking so much time to fix this bugs, but I have been very
busy fixing other upstream bugs.

I cherry-picked the following commits into 2.6.32-pvhvm:

Jeremy Fitzhardinge (1):
      xen: don't call dpm_resume_noirq() with interrupts disabled.

Stefano Stabellini (2):
      xen: resume the pv console for hvm guests too
      xen: unplug the emulated devices at resume time

they should fix the save/restore problem you are seeing.

Thanks for reporting this issue,

Stefano