[Xen-devel] Pages allocated for a process in a Domain

  • To: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Nimgaonkar, Satyajeet" <SatyajeetNimgaonkar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:36:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:37:10 -0800

 Hi,
     I am currently working on a security based research project, wherein I wish to do complete memory introspection of a process running on a VM. With regards to this, I need the addresses of the memory pages allocated by xen for that particular process.
     I did go through XenAccess and some related structures like pt_base, mfn_list, xen_machphys_mfn_list and xen_machphys_mapping, but none of them seem to be working on process level granularity (correct me if I am wrong).
     I have currently implemented a custom hypercall in xen. I am invoking this hypercall from a userspace program in DOM U. The program that invokes the hypercall needs be memory instrospected and so I want to figure out the memory addresses of pages allocated for this particular program. Any pointer on this would highly appreciated.

     I hope this detailed explaination would fetch me some valuable suggestions.
     Thanks

Regards,
Satyajeet