Re: [Xen-devel] iommu=0 leading to panic when system defaults to using x2apic

  • To: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Yang Z" <yang.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 07:44:53 +0000
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:46:01 -0800

Well, if it is a restriction imposed by cluster mode, you know the next
question is obvious: Why do we bother with cluster mode at all? I don't see
that it yields us any advantage over physical mode, and we could use
physical mode without interrupt remapping, that would seem to be a big bonus
and simplification? Could we just kill our x2apic cluster mode logic?

 -- Keir