RE: [Xen-devel] Win2003 got blue Screen when ballooning with serial out put: "Iomem mapping not permitted"

> If the frontend GPL PV storport driver is not ignoring block write
failures in
> crashdump mode then you are unlikely the get a good dump from the
ballooned
> down VM.

It does, because I had to balloon down a few pages for migration to work
(probably an old bug by now). I did put a limit as to how many failures
it was prepared to put up with though.

> As for the original crash, I guess the balloon driver is just not
handling the
> populate hypercall failure gracefully.

Quite likely.

James