Re: [Xen-devel] XFS support for pygrub patch

On 14/12/2010 23:23, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 18:06, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I've ported the xfs code from grub to pygrub for our company internal use.
>>>
>>> If you find it useful fell free to merge with main code.
>>
>> Can anybody test this patch and confirm it works properly?
>
> To help you testing the patch and auditing the code, I've attached to
> this message the diff against xfs code in grub-0.97.
>
> As stated before, the resulting fsimage.so works perfectly for me when
> installed in XCP-0.5 as /usr/lib/fs/xfs/fsimage.so
>
> Actually I've 3 Debian Squeeze machines and one Ubuntu 10.10 machine in
> our testing environment booting from xfs with pygrub.
>
> The only problem I've found is that the module doesn't compile on Debian
> based system due to some bug in gcc code optimizer. On such a systems
> the compiler returns the following error:
>
> gcc  -DPIC -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -m64 -fno-strict-aliasing -std=gnu99
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused-value
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -D__XEN_TOOLS__ -MMD -MF .fsys_xfs.opic.d
>  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
> -I../../../tools/libfsimage/common/ -Werror -fPIC -c -o fsys_xfs.opic
> fsys_xfs.c
> fsys_xfs.c: In function ‘next_dentry’:
> fsys_xfs.c:409: error: extended registers have no high halves
> fsys_xfs.c:409: error: extended registers have no high halves
>
> The problem disappear if you turn off optimization with -O0

I've solved the compilation error on Ubuntu/Debian x86_64 (sed
s/"=q"/"=Q"/), but the resulting libary doesn't works (it doesn't even
recognize the XFS partition). I'll debug it during the next week.

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Nenciarini - System manager @ Devise.IT