RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable: ImportError: No module named xen.xm

Mike Viau writes ("RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable:
ImportError: No module named xen.xm"):
> -PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG ?= --prefix="$(PREFIX)"
> +PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG  ?=
> +#PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG ?= --prefix="$(PREFIX)"
>  # The above requires that PREFIX contains *no spaces*. This variable is here
>  # to permit the user to set PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG to '' to workaround this bug:
>  #  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/362570
> My resulting python path with when changing PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG was
> apparently /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages which I noticed
> was in your python's interpreter search path(s).

Thanks for investigating this.

> This is only a hack, as I am not sure if I bug has already been
> reported on the Debian BTS to fix the issue with python 2.6 onwards.

Launchpad has a facility to refer to Debian bugs, so if anyone has
submitted it to Debian they're probably not a Launchpad user.

I had a look in the Debian BTS myself and found no trace of it.  We
should certainly file a bug there, but this is probably best done when
we have figured out whether or not it's the same as the Ubuntu bug
mentioned in Config.mk.

Thanks,
Ian.