[Xen-devel] RE: touching a missing page causes DomU to die

> > My Windows PV drivers are crashing during hibernation, and I've
> > finally
> > figured out that it's because the windows hibernation mode driver
> > double
> > buffers memory before handing it to my block device driver, and in
> > doing
> > so 'touches' some pages of memory I have given back to xen (to work
> > around a domu save crash).
> >

> You've given memory belonging to the crash kernel back to Xen?

My driver allocates a few pages of memory and calls decrease reservation
to give them back to xen. This is to work around a problem saving (or
restoring?) a domu under xen where I need to give back an amount of
pages equal to the pages xen has given me for setup (grant table I
think).

James